SombraSol is a liquid shading product used to apply a temporary but even shading coat to plastic greenhouses. SombraSol will protect your crop from too much solar radiation, and is highly wear-resistant.
SombraSol is easy to apply using a simple, commonly-used spraying device. As it is liquid, it does not form lumps, producing a more even coating than other powder-based shading products.
SombraSol will naturally wear over the course of a season. It can be removed by brushing in combination with citric acid. SombraSol is not harmful to humans, crops or the environment.
Advantages of SombraSol
- Simple to use
- Sprays easily
- Clear white shading coat means optimum heat reflection
- Safe for humans, crops and the environment
- Wear-resistant; lasts up to 4 moths (depending on weather conditions)
- Economical; usually only needs one coat per season
- Increased light transmission when wet
SombraSol should be stirred into clean water. We would recommend applying SombraSol during fast-drying weather conditions. For the best results, apply SombraSol to a clean, dry greenhouse surface. Approximately 2,000 litres of spraying liquid (SombraSol + water) is needed for 1 hectare (10,000m2).
*Not including shading of plastic film (and any contamination/dirt) and construction.