Coating and cleaning inside the greenhouse
The inside of the greenhouse requires special attention in controlling light. Regular cleaning and applying a coating provides for optimal light incidence. We address three products: GS-4, AntiCondens and PipePaint.
Type of application
GS-4 is a cleaning agent for glass. The product is mixed with water, the glass is sprayed with the mixture (spraying solution) and subsequently rinsed off with lots of water. AntiCondens reduces condensation in plastic, as well as glass greenhouses. The coating ensures that the condensation runs down the surface, which prevents the formation of large water drops. This improves light levels and prevents damage and disease. AntiCondens and GS-4 can be applied manually, as well as with a sprayer equipped with a tank (such as Casotti). When applied manually, you need a high pressure pump, a mixing tank and a spray gun.
Next, it is important to make sure that all of the light reaches the plants: everything inside the greenhouse therefore must be as reflective as possible. PipePaint improves the reflection of heating pipes by up to 50%. PipePaint can be applied with a paint roller or a paint mitt.
- Weather: Carefully time the coating or cleaning process. It must not be too hot or too sunny, otherwise the products dry up too fast. This especially applies to GS-4. Proper ventilation provides for proper drying after application.
- Crops: Make sure there is no crop under or in the vicinity of the glass. GS-4 may never be used in greenhouses where bulbous or tuberous plants such as lilies, freesias or amaryllis are grown. When AntiCondens is applied in a greenhouse with crops, we recommend you first test the crop for phytotoxic effects. Spray a small amount of diluted AntiCondens on the crop to check the effects before starting application. PipePaint can be applied with any crop while it is growing.
- Glass types: GS-4 cannot be applied to specially treated glass, for example with an anti-reflective coating. For tempered glass, we recommend first treating 1 pane on both sides and assessing the result.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work backwards, so that you are not covered by the product.
- After application, provide for sufficient ventilation due to the closed space.
- If ReduSystems products come into contact with the skin or eyes, rinse off with water.
- If ingested, contact a doctor.
- Determine the contamination level and check the required dilution on the packaging.
- Remove the ground cover or rinse it with plenty of water afterwards.
- Mix GS-4 with clean rainwater or tap water in a non-metal mixing tank.
- Turn on the high pressure pump and use a sprayer or a spray gun with adjustable nozzles.
- Work backwards, so that you are not covered by the solution. Cover the glass in a flowing motion.
- Let GS-4 soak for some time. But do not let it dry since that could damage the glass.
- Rinse the glass, as well as the gutters and other greenhouse components with plenty of clean water.
- Select the proper AntiCondens version: for glass or for plastic.
- Make sure the greenhouse cover is clean and dry. If necessary, clean it first.
- Dilute AntiCondens with clean rainwater or tap water in a ratio of 1 to 15.
- On average, 60 liters of AntiCondens are used for 1 hectare.
- Turn on the high pressure pump and spray a fine mist from the gutter up to the ridge of the greenhouse.
- The glass/plastic must not be rinsed with water after application!
- Allow the glass/plastic to dry thoroughly after application and avoid condensation until the surface is dry. You can speed up the drying process by keeping the greenhouse well ventilated.
- Remove dirt, grease or rust from the heating pipes.
- Ensure that the water temperature inside the pipes is between 35-45 °C.
- A single bucket of PipePaint is sufficient for 1,000-1,200 metres of pipe (with a 5 cm diameter).
- The product is ready for use: you do not need to add any water. Stir thoroughly, however.
- Apply it evenly using a paint roller or a paint mitt.
- PipePaint is suitable for new metal pipes and for maintaining previously painted surfaces. New pipes or untreated metal must be coated twice. A single application is generally sufficient for previously coated surfaces.
- Allow the product to dry thoroughly.
frequently asked questions
The maximum shelf life differs per product. For specific details, please check the product packaging or the product pages on our website. Products should always be stored in their original packaging in a cool, well-ventilated place. Products should be protected against frost (above 5 ⁰C) and overheating (below 35 ⁰C).
- ReduSol: unopened containers have a shelf life of two years.
- ReduHeat, ReduFuse, ReduFuse IR, ReduFlex Blue, SprayChalk: unopened containers have a shelf life of two years. After one year, it is necessary to stir well in the bucket before mixing with water.
- AntiCondens: unopened containers have a shelf life of one year.
- AntiReflect: when stored at a temperature above 5 ⁰C, shelf life is four weeks after receipt.
- PipePaint: unopened containers have a shelf life of two years. Always stir before use.
- All ReduClean versions: unopened containers have a shelf life of three years.
- GS-4 (Xtra): unopened containers have a shelf life of three years.
For used pipes, one application of PipePaint is usually sufficient. In the case of new pipes, it is necessary to apply two layers for optimal coverage.