Thoroughly and safely cleaning a greenhouse with GS-4
A clean greenhouse allows more light in and reduces pathogens and diseases. Regularly cleaning the greenhouse, at least at the time of a crop change, is therefore very important. Our instruction video demonstrates the best method of use.
GS-4 was specifically developed as a cleaning agent for glass greenhouses. It acts aggressively against dirt, but is glass-friendly. It removes dirt and deposits - areas that can form a breeding ground for pathogens and diseases. After this, a disinfectant can be used to kill off viruses, mold spores and insect eggs. Proper cleaning with GS-4 is a condition for the effective operation of the disinfectant.
This requires a number of advance precautionary measures. GS-4 is not suitable for application to some glass types: it wears down the anti-reflection coating. For tempered and diffuse glass, we recommend first treating a pane on both sides and assessing the result.
Some crops are absolutely unable to withstand some cleaning agents. This primarily includes bulbous or tuberous crops, such as lilies, freesias or amaryllis, as well as eggplants. The rule of thumb that applies to all other crops: ensure that there are no crops below or near the glass to be cleaned.
The step-by-step instruction video demonstrates the right method of use.
Some important points
- Ensure that the groundcover film has been removed.
- Use the right quantity of GS-4: 100 liters per hectare is required for average contamination (dilute 100 liters with 1900 liters water). In case of heavy contamination, 200 liters is recommended (dilute 200 liters with 1800 liters water).
- Do not clean the greenhouse during hot and very drying weather.
- Allow the product to soak, but do not allow it to dry. After soaking, thoroughly rinse off the agent with clean water. Pay attention to rinse any residue that may be left behind in gutters or on film.
- Protect yourself with safety goggles, a face mask, protective clothing and gloves. Avoid yourself from becoming completely covered by spraying while walking backwards.
Ten percent higher light incidence in greenhouse
Every percent can be converted into higher production. Mardenkro offers a package of solutions designed to improve the incidence of light into a greenhouse by as much as ten percent.
Selecting the right coating: the free ReduWizard tool can help you
Selecting the right coating and dosage is important to get the best result. The choice depends on, among other things, your location. The ReduWizard makes it easy for you. Within seconds, you have an insight into the most suitable product, free of charge. It also provides advice for the best dosage and...